Asus is a company that is known for making gaming peripherals and powerful gaming laptops, desktops, and other gaming devices. Their routers are also a part of this ecosystem and offer more excellent stability to the devices connected to it. But then if you are in the problem of setting and configuring your ASUS router login, we have a complete guide in helping you do so.
Accessing ASUS router login page?
The login page is the most important page that you need to know how to access to change its settings and configure the entire router itself. Therefore, for those trying to access the router setting page and find any difficulties, do follow the steps given below to login into asus router. It will guide you in accessing the ASUS router login page.
- Firstly, you will have to set up the primary connection that is required for the router to function effectively. Ensure that you make all the connection to the router, such as the ethernet cable, power cable, and other connections are secure.
- Well if you have a wired connection for your router, then you will have to attach two cables which are the ethernet cable to the computer from the router and the power cable to the power outlet. If you have a wireless router, then you don’t need any connection, only plug it into the power outlet.
- After which go to the device that you have connected the router with.
- Head onto the browser of your choice and enter the IP address to access the configuration page of the ASUS router.
IP address – How to access 192.168.1.1 admin page ?
There is a default web link as well that could directly take you to the router’s login page.
Link – router.asus.com
- After entering the IP address on the address box, you will be prompted with a page that will ask you for the username and password of the router.
- If the router is being switched on for the first time, then the username and password could be admin. As all default router manufacturing companies keep the username and password as admin. But if you might have changed it, then it would be something different.
- Hit the sign-in option below to gain access to the next page.
- Upon successful logging inside, you will be granted access to the setup page of the ASUS router.
How to Configure your ASUS router?
The above-given instructions give you a clear idea on how to login to the ASUS router, if you wish to configure your ASUS router, then the steps are enlisted below.
- Once you are logged into the ASUS setup page, there will be another window that gives you all the options for changing several attributes of the router altogether.
- On the left-hand side, head to advanced settings and then click on “administration.”
- After which you will be directed to the “operation mode” tab where you will have to click the “repeater mode” and then hit the save button that will be at the bottom.
- Then, you will be prompted with several wireless connections. If you wish to connect with any one of them, you can do so by entering the network key. After which hit the connect button.
- Upon doing this action, there will be another box that shows such that click on the “use default settings” such that the router knows which connection it has to connect when it is restarted or rebooted.
- In the end, hit the apply button to implement all the changes.
Setting your ASUS router
Once your configuration of the ASUS router has been accomplished. You will then have to set it up according to your will and wish. All the steps are enlisted below. You can perform same on other ip address such as 192.168.0.1 and l.l.
- After you have accomplished all the other steps, then you will have to head on to the main page of the setup page.
- On the left-hand side of the main page hit the “WAN” which would be present under the “advanced setting” option and then head onto the “WAN-internet connection page.”
- You will then be prompted to choose the type of WAN connection you require. Hit the “yes” option to enable WAN, NAT, and UPnP.
- Then set up the WAN IP settings and DNS server according to your will and wish.
- Fill in the router details in the account settings.
- Hit the apply button once you have accomplished all the above-given instructions or steps.
Conclusion: Thus, configuring an ASUS router is straightforward. The steps are simple and easy to follow. But in case if you are stuck somewhere, then you can always refer the user manuals or contact the customer care service to learn more about the router and its working.